From Birdie Nest

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Great Day!

Hi there,
I had my first full, (4 hour, that is) work day in the newly re-opened store.  It was great.  I love my new job.  I am getting paid to "make" cards, be creative.  Can you believe it?  Like I said...this is right up my alley, finally I am in my element.  'Yay me'!  I had no stress and it was quaint and quiet.  I must be getting old...or something.  But, I loved it.

God has placed me in the right atmosphere and in my comfort zone, whereas before...WAY out of my element.  I had done administrative work in the past and liked it, but that was pre-birdie.  When I worked at birdies school, I was in my element then too.  I just felt it was time to move on, mostly for her.  And like I said, she has done just fine!  Now I think we are all happy and feelin' groovy :)  Have I ever mentioned (probably not), that hubs had been on a job hunt (searching for another job-a better fit for him), for a few years.  That's right, years...He was so burned out in his last job (been doing it 8years), he had been searching high and low for another job.  Same workplace, just different line of work...So, that was a praiseworthy moment in our life when that new job came to be!  He started that position back at the start of the new year, along with me at the 'tax place'.  He really likes his job.  So hopefully, everything will stay as is, for all 3 of us!  Also, when birdie got off the bus yesterday, she was giddy and so happy to be coming home, and to see me.  THAT is a wonderful feeling!  THAT lets me know I'm doing the right thing for her and for our family.

Here is a verse to go along with our past year...it is good to look back once in a while.  It gives us a better perspective to see things that we were worried about and struggling with.  Once we get through a situation, rather, God gets us through, we can see how He was at work the whole time.  We just needed to wait on His timing, not ours.  So hard to do at the time...but well worth it in the end.

11)"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  12)Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  13)You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."   Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)

So until next time... 
Serving Him,
Christina  

No comments:

Post a Comment